Green Acres is a service specifically designed for adults aged 18 years and over, and who have disabilities.
Service users may self-refer, or be referred by their social worker. Those eligible for a service will receive an initial assessment by our trained staff.
At Green acres we provide physical, emotional and social support to service users, and respite for carers. We are also currently working on making Green Acres a “disability hub” providing social opportunities, support, information, workshops, drop-in sessions, etc.
What does the service offer…
Green Acres offers a range of activities and opportunities including:-
- Enablement and rehabilitation
- Planned social activities
- Community activities
- Hobbies and interests development
- Social reablement
- Support to maintain and increase independence
- Therapeutic activities
- Social inclusion
We also offer:-
- Trained and caring staff team
- State of the art equipment
- A warm, inviting and friendly environment
- Close links to other services like the MS Society, Enable, The Stroke Association, Community Nurses, The Wheelchair Service, etc.
- Cafeteria food provision