A Support and Information Group for people who support a person with dementia
- Support somebody with dementia?
- Feel you need extra support, advice and information?
- Want the opportunity to meet other carers?
- Sometimes struggle to cope with the challenges of caring?
- Need help accessing services?
THEN: Caring in Dementia Group is the group for you.
It will provide you with information, advice and support on how to cope and care for someone with dementia.
You will have the chance to meet people who provide support services and share valuable experiences with other carers.
What will happen during the sessions?
- 6 free weekly sessions for 2 hours each week.
- Sharing experience of being a carer
- What is dementia
- Understanding behavior and approaches to managing difficult situations
- Service and agencies available for support
- Optimising quality of life – for you and the person with dementia
- Identifying carers stress and ways of coping